The AIR Control Display has the function to set certain parameters for ADS-B Out. The menu for this can be found after entering PIN code 3000 under XPDR SYSTEM > INSTALLATION > ADS-B CONFIG:
- ADS-B IN AVIAL: ADS-B In available: The question is if your aircraft also has ADS-B IN, i.e. an ADS-B receiver. This value should be set correctly. For example, set it to 'YES' if you have a collision warning device with an ADS-B receiver in your aircraft, e.g. an AIR Traffic (AT-1).
- ADS B ACFT CAT: ADS-B Aircraft Category: The category of the own aircraft. Set this value to '24'. The VT-01 transponder only supports this value.
- ADS B L/W Code: ADS-B Length/Width code, which is the width and length of the aircraft. Set this value to '0'. The VT-01 transponder supports only this value.
- ADS B INHIBIT: ADS-B Inhibit, i.e. disabling the ADS-B transmission. We recommend not to change this value, otherwise, the ADS-B transmission will be suppressed.
In the menu after entering the PIN code 3000 under XPDR SYSTEM > INSTALLATION you will find another parameter:
- MAX SPD CAT: Maximum Speed Category. This value indicates the maximum speed of your aircraft. Please leave this value at '0'. The VT-01 transponder supports only this value.